I’ve done another tomato soup in the blog, but this one cut out the dairy & replaced with coconut milk – and adding a bit of spice. Trying to do a few more soups in my crock quest & this one did not disappoint (except for one item, revealed later).
Pretty darn simple & really not a ton of ingredients compared to some of the crocks that I do – I love that.
- 2 cans (14oz ones) diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large yellow/red pepper cut into strips (I used sliced fire roasted in jar)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut large chunks of florets – try to keep as much of stem as possible
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions (keep the green tops for garnish)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (thawed)
- Set on LOW for 6hrs, but heres the trick for nice veggies… put the first 5 ingredients in for 3hrs – then at the 1/2 way mark put in the cauliflower, green onion, carrots & celery.
- 10-15 mins before the time is up, place thawed shrimp in to cook.
Serve it up. I served this w/ Allens | Kale Greens in a can – holy crap these are super good.
Oh, I didn’t get any of the shrimp – my son decided any shrimp in the soup was his & fished out every single one. The soup was good enough anyways & enjoyed eating sans crustacean.