Pork Verde with Poblanos
Ok, so I haven’t posted in a very, very long time & since then the Instant Pot has come into fashion. Fine. I’m on board & have a new rule for myself: keep the posts to the point, up the photo quality, & try to post at least once a month.
- 2lbs or so of pork (loin or butt) cut into 1″ cubes (or you can put large chunk of pork in & shred)
- 1 16oz jar of salsa verde
- 2 roasted poblano peppers – dice up after roasting
- several liberal grinds of pepper
- 1tblsp cilantro (I like to use Gourmet Garden paste in tube)
- Pour enough salsa verde in to coat bottom of the pot
- Add the cubed pork
- Put diced poblanos on top of pork
- Grind on the pepper
- Add the cilantro
- Stir it up
- Select Manual setting & set to 90 mins
- When pot beeps allow to manually release for 10-20 mins
The pork verde may or may not have a lot of liquid, up to you how you use the dish on keeping liquid (such as, served over rice it nice to have a couple spoonfuls of liquid to pour over).
My fav ways to eat this:
- Just eat out of pot (or bowl if your not an animal) with tortilla chips
- Over rice
- Add to a “dang quesadilla”
- In scrambled eggs
This is pretty versatile, so go loco.