Hello, since it is football season – I’ll starting adding the crocks a bit more regularly – which I’m ready for I guess – just don’t want the summer to be over with is all.
Moving on to the newest crock. Love curry / Indian dishes, just rarely do them – not sure if out of hassle or just don’t think of it very often!
Lets get to it:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 sm can tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (can use more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain whole-milk
- 4 green onions sliced
- salt / pepper to taste
This was pretty darn easy to throw together:
Mix the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and water together.
Add onion and stir to combine sauce.
Place the chicken on top and shake on some salt & pepper.
Cover and cook until the chicken is tender (8 hr LOW or 4 hr HI).
15 mins before dishing out, add the yogurt and a bit more salt to the chicken and stir to combine.
Serve over basmati rice & side dish of saag paneer (spinach w/ cheese).
The chicken & sauce turned out pretty good, although this needed to WAY spicer. When I think of most India foods – I think spicy burning both in & out. The chicken was super tender that is for sure.
Two items – that bummed me out:
1. Thought I had basmati rice, alas did not – this is kind of a “need to have with” type of item – so, used another type of rice, nope.
2. Forgot to put the green onions over the top of the dish! Dammit, I keep forgetting the small things.
Anyway, not too darn bad & I’d like to try this one again as I do believe I can do it justice & get it spicier!