So, didn’t get to spend T-Day w/ my kid – thought I would do so tonite. Wasn’t going to go all out, but wanted to do turkey, taters & stuffing.
Got the turkey breast (4.5 lbs) super cheap of course cause everyone had already picked thru them & holiday was over. Bought this premium one for 12 bucks! Could have got a full one, but thought I would keep in pretty simple.
What its all about:
- 4.5 lb turkey breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chardonnay
- 1/2 onion – diced
- lots of pepper
- you can add salt, but I didn’t
- handful of fresh parsley
- 4-5 tblsp of butter
Cook that bird:
- Washed the turkey off & then removed the skin (since I wasn’t baking it wasn’t going to get crispy – this just would have created a bunch of fatty fat fat) – then patted dry w/ paper towels
- Coated outside w/ pepper, then put in crock breast side down
- Poured the broth & chardonnay over turkey
- Threw the parsley, onion & butter on top of this
- Set to HI for 10 hrs
Have to say, this was the moistest turkey I’ve ever had (even the oil cooked one wasn’t this good). I do like the crispy skin & all that & this isn’t traditional – but found it superior to other cooking methods. Hell, even after sitting for 30 mins on cutting board – came back for a nibble – still as succulent.
Served w/ mashed potatoes & cornbread stuffing w/ oysters. Of course gravy drizzled over absolutely everything! Got lazy & did bottled gravy, but if you were to make your own the liquid from the crock after cooking is plentiful & would have worked amazingly.
Eating this while watching The Walking Dead & w/ my kid made this even more delicious.
What to do with leftovers…