Let me start out by saying that I’m not a huge wing fan. Greasy, boney, skinny & messy is how I view these. Yet, I feel compelled to make this at least once in a while for my Sunday Seahawk game day fare.
This is seriously one of the easiest ones to crock.
- 4 lb bag of chix wings (drummets/wings pieces/non-flying bird apparatus) – can be frozen
- 1 bottle 15/20 oz Soy Vay Wasabi Teriyaki sauce (this is the best!), but you can use other lesser forms of teriyaki sauce & it will work
A wing & a prayer:
- pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- put those bastards on a baking sheet (suggest using broiler pan to let that freaking nasty-ass skin grease recede to the netherworld)
- bake for 73 mins (turning once)
- pour a little sauce in crock bottom while in wait
- transfer cooked wings to crock & pour rest of sauce over the wings
- crock on HI for 2 hrs
- stir that damn thing up once in a while to distribute sauces & to waste some time
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- I used Bob’s Red Mill mix instead of that other box crap
- added in 3 fresh jalapenos
Everyone enjoyed this ‘yaki wing thing & the cornbread – so I’d say this is a winner. I need to spread my wings a bit (I iz funner) & do a hot lava wing dish sometime. Suggestions?