Well, it finally came to this – Oct. 31st & I had to make some chili. It is way easy & I can dutch oven myself later in the evening.
This crock never ever fails. Did you hear me dammit, EVER.
- 2 cans kidney beans (sometimes I get nutty switch one out w/ black beans or some other bean, they all work) – 1 drained, 1 un-drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes – undrained (or you can go naughty & do 2 cans Rotel)
- 1 lb lean cooked beef (could be chopped chicken or Yves Veggie ground whatnot or stew meat) – need I say, drain the fat fatty!
- 1 tblsp cayenne + more if you like it spicy, I know you do…
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can (4 oz) green chiles
- 1 packet of the chili powder stuff (McCormick or store brand – doesn’t matter) – you don’t really need to add this, I just found one so threw it on in there
- sour cream / greek yougurt
- green onions (handful)
- shredded cheese
- Throw all that crap in to the crock & put on LOW for 8 hrs or HI for 4
- must I clarify – not the sour cream, green onions or cheese – that would totally mess it up numb nuts! (Capt. Chili’s words not mine)
- dollop of sour cream or my fav – some greek yogurt
- shredded cheese (the 4 way mexi stuff works wonders or tear up american slices & make a pentagram – your call)
- green onions
- cornbread – we had leftovers
- crushed up saltines & then some full ones to dip with
- some nice crusty bread
Bam girlfriend, you have yourself a meal & then some! Actually, I almost enjoy the chili a day or 2 afterwards since it gets thicker while sitting.